Head of Product
Satago is a leading FinTech player and offers a unique cashflow management solution designed to help small business owners get on with growing their businesses and forget about their cashflow problems. We provide free innovative credit control and risk tools and are the pioneers of on-demand business finance.
We are now in an exciting growth phase and are looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals who want to make a difference and help us disrupt the status quo. We're a hard working group who enjoy overcoming hurdles and building awesome tools for our customers.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a Head of Product, ideally with a background in the FinTech industry. We are looking for someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves and work closely with the Satago leadership to deliver and drive the overall product strategy.
In a nutshell, we want someone:
- who's passionate about designing and implementing FinTech products
- who gets the overall plan but still has an eye for the small improvements and inconsistencies
- who gets excited by new challenges and doesn't shy away from getting stuck in
Key things you’ll do:
- Ownership of the product roadmap – you will help prioritise and manage all key product initiatives, from drafting ideas on a whiteboard and researching requirements through to testing MVPs and seeing solutions through to implementation
- Stakeholder management – you will be the conduit between management, tech, legal, marketing and sales. You will know how to communicate with and get the best out of people to ensure products are implemented effectively and deadlines are met
- You will use your industry knowledge, expertise and analytical skill set to help understand customer requirements and influence new product development
- Product ownership - You're happy to be the leading product evangelist and drive awareness and understanding within the business and amongst our community
- You must have proven project management and communication skills with native-level English and ideally working in a fast-paced/start-up environment
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership
- You'll have experience building solutions for end customers and managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- 3yrs plus product management experience, ideally in B2B and within the FinTech, finance or accounting sectors
- You will have a strong general understanding of either Financial Services or the FinTech landscape: who the key players and our competitors are and who offers what products and features
- A technical background and past experience would be a plus (Masters or Bachelors degree in a related STEM field or equivalent preferred)
- You will also have a solid understanding of technology as a whole: industry trends, development approaches and frameworks. If API documentation is your bedtime choice of reading that’s OK by us!
- UX design, experience and common sense a plus
- Analytical skills will also be viewed as a plus, especially in understanding data (e.g. Excel, R, Python, SQL)
- You must have right to work in the UK
- The opportunity to put your mark on the fintech sector
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday and extra day off for your birthday
- Bonus pool participation + Healthcare
- Team lunches
- Great location for shopping and afterwork!